Tuesday 18 December 2012

Timed to perfection

Last week HSHQ went into festive over drive. First up was the annual turkey extravaganza Christmas lunch, quickly followed by an unusually tame and inoffensive Secret Santa and rounded off with the office Christmas party – all the things needed to make a very bunged up me feel marginally better albeit with some added support from those seasonal stalwarts Strepsils and Lemsip.


Now with just a week to go and a reluctance to leave the comfort of my flat, it’s panic stations because other than the aforementioned Secret Santa present, the items ticked off my Christmas shopping list, currently totals zero. Thank heavens for a well stocked H.Samuel website and a debit card desperate to see some action.

Last month my younger sister turned 23 and I treated her to a new Guess watch which satisfied her animal print instincts perfectly. I do not wear a watch, relying solely on my phone for the time, and even though it’s set 19 minutes fast, it still bears no positive impact on my ability to make any appointments on time. Needless to say, punctuality needs to feature near the top of my 2013 resolution list, and it has been noted that a watch might make the transition from tardy to timely, a little smoother.

A couple of weeks ago, I spent the afternoon at H.Samuel Oxford Circus, and along with Rachel took the opportunity to try on some of our timepieces. It’s easy to see how so many people, become watch collectors, because if you’re anything like me, you’re going to want a different watch for different times (terrible pun I know). Sadly my absolute favourite, this Casio Ladies' Gold Plated Bracelet Watch is now out of stock, but patience is a virtue so keep everything crossed that this makes a welcome appearance in my stocking.


If you like something a little daintier that still glitters in gold, Accurist has launched a beautiful range of 9ct gold watches that epitomise classic elegance. Downton Abbey has been responsible for a resurgence of all things vintage, and I think this Gold Ladies' 9ct Gold Cream Dial Bracelet Watch would suit my delicately Downton alter ego marvellously, while this slightly heavier bracelet diamond set watch ticks both the vintage and the oversized trend boxes.

Rachel was lucky enough to pick up a Christmas gift for herself while we were in store, and after toying between Armani Exchange and Fossil (see below), ended up taking home this smokey, gunmetal grey watch from DKNY. Androgynously oversized, the crystal embellishment lends sleek femininity.

For men, the guys in our office all experimented with their festive favourites a few weeks ago. And while I am enamoured by the supreme chunkiness of Diesel’s chronographs, I’d warrant my step dad, might prefer something a little more befitting of his, ahem, mature years, and slightly more discreet. Enter Boss Orange; who for handy gift sets, watches both analogue and digital, of varying face shapes and sporting classic and contemporary colours; fit the bill for fellas of all ages.

To ensure Santa and his reindeer arrive on time (excuse yet another time related pun), you’ll need more than just a watch, you’ll need our last order dates. And if you opt to use our gift wrapping service, there’ll be no fighting with the sellotape for you this year which means you can put your feet up, scoff a mince pie and take your pick from any number of my favourite mulled wine movie companions – Elf, Home Alone 2 and White Christmas, safe in the knowledge that your turkey is set to be timed to perfection.

Shop online at H.Samuel
Win a Guess watch
Peek at our pins
Follow us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment